Saturday, March 24, 2007

just that random week update...

so we've been home almost a week. never in my entire life would i actually think i could possibly miss a place so much. i was there a week, and i miss it more than anything.
coming back to the states i had to watch myself to not be frustrated w/ ppl. tho i still am slightly. we have SO much here, and we're unhappy. thats the thing that gets me the most. here, in the USA we always want MORE. more STUFF. i was sitting in church on Sunday, and i actually felt depressed. there was like nobody smiling! i didnt understand! while in Haiti, i didnt understand most of the church service, and it was the best one i've been to in my life.

i guess this is kinda just my rambling on stuff. mostly i just want to say that i miss haiti a bunch, and i cant wait to go next year! it was an amazing time and God was SO awesome during that trip! thanks for everyone who i met and who gave up their time to go! i love you and miss you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank,
Like you I also find coming home difficult. I get soo...fed up with the american mentality. after you so how little one needs to be happy its really hard to identify with anyone here much! We should be so grateful for what we have and yet most of us just whine for more. I like you would love to go back to Haiti!
Miss you all.
Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Everyone try to remember God's providence. Depression is very common after a mission trip. Don't feel guilty for what God has granted you, He did it for a reason, maybe so you can share what you have with those He puts in your path, maybe for some other reason. But He did it for a reason and He knows best.

Frank Weller said...

Hey thanks, all. But this was not my post. I have opened the door to anyone who wants to post on this blog. Actually, I'm not really sure who this was written by???

candeeso said...

hey everyone. yeah totally didnt realize that i didnt put my name on this till everyone was confused....

still missing haiti like crazy......and waiting to go back. i cant BELIEVE we had SNOW. and it's april!!!!!!!!!! AHH~ and i talked to elveus today and he said of course, it's warm there....*sigh* next year! three hundred and some days...and counting---candace